Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

"Save copy as" for assemblies.

Marek60

Question about "save copy as" for assembly.

I have assembly, consisting of tens of the components. I want to save
this assembly under new name. Something isn't allowing me to complete
this command. The OK button remains not active in the window Assembly
Save A Copy, doesn't matter what I am doing.

- I don't want to generate new names.

- In the Action column I have displayed : "Reuse" or "Reused". How this may affect

completion of command? Is this something what perhaps is blocking OK button?

- Selection tool question, selected (highlighted) components in the tree will be included

into new assy or will be excluded from new assy??

Thank you for help

From what I've been able to find you have the selection arrow at the bottom activated. There should be a dialog box asking you to select one or more components. This will keep you from being able to select the OK button. If you don't see a dialog box it is probably in the background. Select the graphics window and middle click to get out of the command. You should now be able to select the OK button. Reuse allows you to create a new assembly and keep the same part. New Name allows you to create a new assembly with a copy of the part with a new name. Check the model directory and you will see the new part.

KD, thank you for your input.

The selection arrow is not active in my window, as well both words, "Reuse" and "Reused" are present in Action fiels .

Also, one of my subassembles has Message Field: REFERENCES RENAMED MODEL ...

followed by red circle with X inside.

From your description the problem is with the assembly with a "red circle with the X inside". I think a change has been made that hasn't propagated to the top level assembly. Try openning the assembly that is giving you the message. Regenerate it. Regenerate your top level assembly. Save the top level assembly and try the Save A Copy opetion again. The Save A Copy option will allow to save the assembly if there is a warning (yellow triangle with an exclamation mark). Items with a red circle and an X need to be resolved first.

KD,

I removed conflicting subassy from my top level assy, and mentioned
warning message gone. My OK button becomes active and I was able to
save top level assembly to new file with "Reuse" option. This is what I
need.

Thank you for directions. Thank you to all other supporters.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back