Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro Cable- Large Harnessing assembles

chromecherry

I am looking for feedback/ information/ samples from ProE users regarding Pro Cabling and the handling of large Harnessing assembles 5000 connectors + and cabling. We are in the process of changing CAD packages and harnessing and the ease of use and accuracy of harnessing CAD is quite important to us. How good, stable and effective is Pro Cabling when it comes to large assemblies?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Pro/Cable (and Pro E in general) is good with large assemblies assuming you are using Simplified Reps to ease the burden on your computer's RAM.

Harness parts have a Subharness option that allows you to "divvy up" a large harness into smaller groups, so that you can create flat harnesses of just a subharness, rather than trying to do 5000 wires at once (which would probably be too cumbersome to do in a single flat harness).

Thank you David. I also spoke to the ProE guys in RSA to show us an large assembly of harnessing of the size we are looking at. Hope to hear from them soon.

And when you want to detail the harness , meaning in the drawing add the repeat region tables like from-to wire tables, proe every time (even there is no change but you only switch to another sheet) regenerates the tables and that is really a pain.

One way to address this, you should create a drawing representation in drawing mode which has the tables frozen so that each time you switch to another sheet you won't need to wait 10 minutes at least.

Note: I was experiencing these kind of slowing down issues in Wildfire2.0 , I don't know if they have improved it after that or not.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back