Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

bom balloon

i have an assembly witch contain subassembly and exploded this assembly.
in drawing when making report (table and balloons), see the pic with explication.

<a href="uploads/bboxster73/2008-01-30_082024_bom.zip" target="_blank" target="_blank">
</a>
Edited by: bboxster73

I don't think it's possible to do what you want. Because that circle is a draft (you created it in drawing).You can't attach parametric balloons to drafts, you need geometry that comes from part or assy to attach the balloon to.

Only if you create a dummy balloon you can attach it to that circle.

Create a part in your SUB-assembly called draft circle that contains a sketch of the circle in your desired drawing view orientation.

Then in your MAIN assembly create a simplified rep that excludes this part.

Now in your drawing, set the model rep to the rep that excludes the draft circle part.

Recreate your views and your BOM balloons.

Then for the view where you want the circle, select the view and edit its properties, view state and change the simplified rep to the one where the drasft circle part is shown.

Now you can attach the BOM balloon to the circle.

Tobyk

i've mad this, but the problem is that i don't like to add something on my assembly.
i would like if there will be something in drawing level.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back