Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

plus-minus tolerance

kingjon3rd

if i have a tolerance of +.005 -.000, how can i not show the .000 and have the +.005 be in line with the dimension without faking it but doing nominal and adding it in after @D.
<div style="text-align: left;">
</div>

Not sure why you'd want to do that, but you may need to adjust something in your dtl file. IMO I think doing this could lead to some confusion some people still might read it as

audctl: You make an excellentpoint. And not to mention that just having a +.005 alone would likely vilotate all the standards that I know of.

Kingjon3rd: It would seems that if you absolutely have to do it, you're probably going to have to "fake it".

i dont know about you, but one example would be bearings and shafts have often dimensions only in one direction with the other as .0000

I believe that ASME standard for this would go something like this. In the inch world an unequal tolerance is shown.

+.005

In the metric world an unequal tolerance is show like this

+0.127

0 (minus sign not shown)

dr_gallup said:
Look at drawing option Lead_Trail_Zeros

didnt seem to work for me.
WF2
played with lead_trail_zeros_scope to no avail aswell

anyone get this to work? If so how?

Here is explanation of lead_trail_zeros & blank_zero_tolerance
lead_trail_zeros std_default
Controls use of leading and trailing zeros in a dimension,enabling independent control over the dimension value displayfor primary and secondary units in the drawing. If set to

Personally i find it annoying when people post the manual when referencing a question.
I would assume that anyone asking a question would have consulted said documentation and not come away with the desired result and is thus looking for assistance.

While that is a reasonable assumption it would appear to be dead wrong about 95% of the time based on the majority of the postings.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back