Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

detect collision for sliding motion?

cmc4free

Hello all. I'm having a problem getting a particular set of mechanism constraints to behave the way I want inside Wildfire 2. The yellow parts in the screenshot below are slider plates inside of an optical joystick. I've already defined connections for them that permits them to move in their slots. My struggle is trying to get the center shaft to push them. In the center position (as shown) there is a small amount of clearance between the gray shaft and yellow plates, so there is no constant point of contact between the shaft and sliders. Depending on whether the shaft motion is up, down, left, or right, each slider plate may either be getting pushed or pulled in their tracks. The shaft itself pivots on a universal joint at its center.

I've tried assembling them as a cam pair, but I thinkmy problem may be due to thefact that the center shaft joysticks and doesn't meet the edges of the slider plates in a parallel fashion.Everything I've tried so far results in the shaft passing straight through the sliders without moving them at all. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.I'm still a relative novice using MDO. Thanks a bunch!!

Edited by: cmc4free

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back