Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

filtering items in table

html26

Hello
when i want to filter items in repeat regione i do filter by rule writing this syntax:
&asm.mbr.name!=componente_name
that is oK, but i would to filter lot of items witch contains for exemple the "B" letter as third position.
i suppose that i hace components as xxBxxx; yyByyyy; zzBzzzzzz; .....
thanks for all.

The wildcard character is *

&asm.mbr.name!=*B* would filter out all components with B in the name.

You may have to use

&asm.mbr.name!=xxB*,yyB*,zzB* to filter out components with B as the third letter

doronron1 said:
The wildcard character is *

&asm.mbr.name!=*B* would filter out all components with B in the name.

You may have to use

&asm.mbr.name!=xxB*,yyB*,zzB* to filter out components with B as the third letter

ok nice, this is confortable when i have 4 or 5 components but it's very hard when i have over 100 components to exclud, so i cannot write aaB*, bbB*, ccB*, ..............
i must write all of them??? is there any simple tecnic to do this???

Edited by: html26

this can be mad creating a relation in the repeat region using "EXTRACT" function.
but i don't know enough about this.

You could try

&asm.mbr.name!=a*B*,b*B*,.....x*B*,y*B*,z*B*

This would be 26 filters. You have to write 2 lines as the max characters is 80 per line.

doronron1 said:
You could try

&asm.mbr.name!=a*B*,b*B*,.....x*B*,y*B*,z*B*

This would be 26 filters. You have to write 2 lines as the max characters is 80 per line.
this is very hard, if i should do like this, to filter by items will be better, like this will not use filtering by rule.

i agree that using extract in relation is the solution but don't know how to use it.

In this case i have a small suggestion, i am not sure whether it works or not,

We can use one more wild character ? which takes the place of single character, so forabove example we can use,

&asm.mbr.name!=??B* for filtering,

sandeepgowda.r said:
In this case i have a small suggestion, i am not sure whether it works or not,

We can use one more wild character ? which takes the place of single character, so forabove example we can use,

&asm.mbr.name!=??B* for filtering,

Neither.
it doesn't work.

I would use the "search" command in the repeat region relations. Write a relation that looks something like this:

if(search(asm_mbr_name,"B"))==3
B=1
else
B=0
endif

Thenadd "&rpt.rel.B == 1"to your filter to filter for all items that contain "B" in the third position.

feisthammela said:
I would use the "search" command in the repeat region relations. Write a relation that looks something like this:

if(search(asm_mbr_name,"B"))==3
B=1
else
B=0
endif

Thenadd "&rpt.rel.B == 1"to your filter to filter for all items that contain "B" in the third position.

greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!!

i could also use &rpt.rel.B!=1

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back