Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Language settings

Jacoolo

I have Pro\E installed with two language versions : English and German. Where can I obtain settings to swith between these two languages. The basic is english now.

Hi,

You can create a variable in "environment variable" like 'lang'=german and change it before starting Pro/e.

In config.pro you have two options 'msg_translation' & "menu_translation" to specify if you do not use Pro/e in English

Hope it can help you !!

Thx for tip brunoth

unfortunately....I tried that but it fails

seems something is wrong with my Pro\E installment.

I was convince - and still I am - I had both english and german version installed. Now it looks like I was wrong. I have to check it. Any idea how can I obtain information from my computer if Pro\E contain german menus?

To switch between two language, proe needed to be restarted each time.

method 1) You can modify the start-up setting, but you should remove any "environment variable" like 'lang'=german. In the proe installation folder, somewhere in C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 3.0\bin\.....you can find "proe1.psf", it is a start-up setting and open by notepad. To have the german start-up, add "ENV=LANG=GERMAN" at the last of all settings.
If you want to have a selection box, copy proe1.psf to proe2.psf, eg
in "proe1.psf"
modify "DESC=English"
add ENV=LANG=ENG
in "proe2.psf",
modify "DESC=German"
add ENV=LANG=GERMAN
then you have this.

You can also create proe3.psf to have another language.

Method 2) Use "environment variable" settings, set pro_lang=german. But you need to remove the start-up settings as above, remove the last line ENV=LANG=ENG or ENV=LANG=GERMAN. The environment variable will override the language start-up setting. You need to set pro_lang for each language switch.

Whatever method 1) or 2), in config.pro, dialog_translation, help_translation, menu_translation, msg_translation set to yes. Otherwise, proe default show English.

hello Yeta

thanks for input, but... unfortunatelz it does not work

I mean - menu is appearing, no problem, I set ebverzthing as you wrote, but Pro#e still contain all menus in English

it seems mz installment does not contain german lenguage. Am I righ?

sorry, I set environment in Win to German, and Z turns to Z
smiley36.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back