Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ASSEMBLY COPY

alvin164

Hi Guys,

I'm currently using WF3 at work. I have an assembly with 3 sub assemblies in it. There are 3 parts in each sub assemblies (part1, part2, part3). However, part 1 and part 3 in the sub assemblies are the same (same values, length, etc), and part 2 varies in length on each of the 3 sub assemblies. Should i just rename the sub assemblies so i can rename part 2 in each sub assembly (SUb_1, SUB_2, Sub_3)so that i can change the length or is there a better way of doing this?
I want part1 and part 3 in the sub assemblies to be connected, such that if i change part 1 and part 3 in sub assembly 1,they also change in sub assembly2 and 3...

Thanks in advanced!!

so far, i can do this by saving a copy of my sub assembly 1 and part 2. Then i add this to my main assembly... anyone know a better way of doing this ?

thanks

audctrl said:
Can part2 be a family tabled part so you just use a different instance in assemblies1,2,3?

That i don't know... i never used family tables before...On theory, i think it should work...will let u know once i encounter that..

good luck

save a copy of part 2 with three different names then the new parts can easily be added to subassy 2 and 3 by using the command replace by right clickng the part 2 in moddel tree

u will need only to rearrange the constraints with part 1 and part3 as subassys will go to resolve mode u can easily redefine

hope u can do this

Alvin164,

If I have understood you correctly, what you are looking for is an Assembly Family table.

You can find more details under Proe Help >> proe fundamentals. It is a very powerful tool. I suggest serious study.

thanks for the tips guys...
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back