Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

simpl representation

streamm

Hi all
when setting a new representation, this allows to includ or exclud components. Is there possibilty to do set this representation not with including or excluding components, but with modifying constraints and positions...for exemple, i have a piston, so i would like to make a representation witch shows me the initial state of the piston, and another representation witch shows the piston in the final state.

you could assemble the components with connections and then create different snap shots to capture different positions.

Hi stream

To do asnapshot, just use the drag button on the upper center window, the one which looks like the hand of a baby hehehe.a simple click will bring up the snapshot dialog box, just follow it with little explorations and your done.

Use the slider connection and set also the initial and final positions in the same constraints by defining the translation in which u can define limits

this will ensure the piston will remain inside the cylinder

then u can make two snapshots

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back