Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

problem with "pick from list"

ehorton

You can try making a mapkey to turn on and off Prehighlight. But I am not sure this is what you want. If you turn off Prehighlight in the config.pro, then you are using query select. If you want Pick From List, you need to have Prehighlight turned on.

as I understand you right, you disable higlighting preselection in Pro\E, right?

First You can also do this directly from Edit > Preferences...

then, it is normal you won`t have this menu with Pick from list

instead, you move a cursor above desired entity, RMB, and then Query, and then you pick cursor in the area of your interset - the pop up menu Pick with all entities around will appear

freexf said:
the problem is that when cliking RMB as u sayed, i cannot querry..proe doesn't give me this possibility....there is something wrong!

... if I understand you right, you click RMB and then LMB click in the area interested and popup window does not show? Or you just click RMB and then wait for the popup window to show?

For the query select to work you need to push RMB, then LMB to the desired area and Pro/E will then show popup window with all the entities it finds in the picked area.

freexf, it looks really chalanging from problem solving side :))

such situations really can make your day a nightmare, so to not be conquered by this "monster", show more details about situation when this happens:

*what is the mode - part, assembly?

*is this insert mode, simplified rep, family table?

*do You ork with exchanged data?

To enable Query Select, you don't need to RMB and hold the button to show the menu with Pick, Query and other option. You can just click RMB (not hold down the button) and Query Select will be enabled. If you now pick on the screen, the popup window will be shown, where you can query select the items "below" the picked area.

This same problem just happened to one of my co-workers. Before today he could right-click before selecting, and would then get a "pick from list" box when he left-clicked on an assembly. Today, it doesn't work. He says that he has changed nothing in his configuration. In the help file, it mentions the "pick from list" capability, but not how to turn it on/off, other than having preselect enabled, which my co-worker does not.

We're using WF3, build code M120.
Edited by: JamesM

Hi James,

I cannot give you a proper answer, but I want to tell you about my experience: few months ago I passed from M110 to M120 , and at that point started a lot of problems, many of them during the work with drawings , all these because M120 has more bugs than M110.
If you have the posibility, I suggest you to change from M120 to M140 .
I work since was released with M140 and all specific problems founded with M120 are gone.

James - The default behavior is this (with pre-highlighting off, as you said):

1. <LI>RMB to set Pro|E to 'Query select'</LI>
    <LI>LMB on the model to pre-select an item</LI>
    <LI>RMB and hold to bring up a menu</LI>
    <LI>Select 'pick from list' in the menu.</LI>

I don't think the list comes up automatically at step 3, rather the standard behavior is to then toggle through the possible selections on screen. I'm not sure since I don't have pre-highlighting off and I'm not able to fire up Pro|E right now.

Doug,

Yes, the default behavior you describe is the way it works on all our workstations except one (and it worked on that one until two days ago). It's odd because I can't find anything that says the default behavior can be turned off.

The switch to M140 may help, but at this point I'm just trying to figure out why it stopped working on one PC.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back