Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mass property excluding a subassembly

bboxster73

Hi!
I want to calculat the mass property for my assembly with excluding one subassembly.
I let you know that i'm calculating the mass property of the subassembly with the feature ANALYSIS.
thanks

well, you can suppress this subassembly, or if another components related for it, just make a simplify representation, and exlude the whole subassembly

Whats wrong with taking the mass of the entire assembly and subtracting the mass of the subassembly? When you use Analysis>Model Analysis in assembly mode you will get a total mass for the assembly as well as the mass if each component. Just run it on the subassembly that you want to exclude and subtract that total from the results of running it on the whole assembly.

ok nice, i've thought to insert a relation like u have sayed, witch extract the subassembly mass from all the total assembly mass..it's OK
smiley4.gif

thanks

Hey , you should use, simplified representation, as pr e, calculates the mass properties , that are actively displayed on the screen

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back