Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

split the volume !!??

phucxoxo

Hi everybody !!
Sometimes i can not use volume --> split , Pro/E show some "red point" that may be incorrect, how is the best way to solve these points, or how can i find the causes, so i can fix them. Is the MOLDCHECK is useful for this case. Thanks so much !

Most of the time it's related to a problem with your parting surface. Upload your file here and I'll trouble shoot it for you.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

HI phucxoxo

IF ACCURACY OF COMPONENT, REF PART, MFG & WORKPIECE ARE DIFFERENT

THEN IT WILL NOT SPLIT.EVEN THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH PARTING SURFACE.

SO TRY TO KEEP THE ACCURACY SAME IN ALL THOSE PART,THEN TRY FOR

SPLITING.EVENTHOUGH ITS NOT SPLITTING THEN CHECK FOR GEOMETRY CHECK.

I THINK DAT COULD SOLVE IT
smiley2.gif

the patil82's answer is great. I set the accuracy to absolute normallywhen I split mold. it's a big trouble when we split. if you cann't split it althougn make hole parting surface, then your parting surface maybe have some problem. Iadvise you upload some files or picture, so that someone easy help you.

Hi everybody,

I am trying to design a mold, using Pro/E wildfire 3.0,for a wave energy turbine blade: blade cross-section lunar shape with a fir-root and cut-outs for fixing. I would say it is a fairly complicated sahape. I did the step by step for MANUFACTURING-MOLD CAVITY (enable_absolute_accuracy, accuracy_lower_bound, shrinkage, workpiece as a cube..). My problem is when I automatic-select parting lineI don't get a good result (many broken lies), try to do gaps-closure it says No gap. Moving ahead with this to create a parting surface with that parting line, get broken surfaces which doesn't allow volume splitting at all.

Is there any one who can help me.

Cheers

Ali

HI BENDERAMAZIX
Plz upload part here. I will do it for you and you can learn it to by checking the file.
Plz mention your good name too. Your id is too long
smiley5.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back