Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Formats in pro_format_dir

geertdaenen

Hallo,

in my config.pro file, I can find the next rule:
pro_format_dir E:\ProE\Install\formats

In the folder"E:\ProE\Install\formats" I've put my new formats, but I also have some old formats put in the subfolder "E:\ProE\Install\formats\old".
Now, when I open my old drawings (where I've used the old formats), there is something wrong with the format of these drawings: e.g. the frame doesn't appear anymore.

Can anybody tell me if it's possible to change the rule in my config.pro file, so ProE (WF3) also finds the formats in the "old"-folder?

Kind regards

You would be better adding the old format directory as a search path, because the pro_format_dir only accepts 1 directory.

Hey, that works! I've had all kinds of old formats cluttering up the pro_format_dir from old companies that used to own us or special ones made for German customers, etc. I can't get rid of them because every once in a while it is necessary to open an old drawing that uses one of them. I just dumped them in an obsolete formats directory and added it to the search path & every thing works. Doh! Why didn't I think of that before?

Hi dr_gallup,

can you tell me how you've done this? Which rule have you added to the config.pro-file? Or have you done something else?

Regards

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back