Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanical Engineering Student needs help

BIGTACO

I am new to Pro E and need a bit of help. We are required to complete a project for class. Basically we have to make a dynamic assembly and run some analysis on it. I have made all the parts but am having a bit of trouble applying dynamic contraints.

This is what the assembly will look like when its done. The contraints on this assembly are all static. This assembly is just used as a personal guide.

PIC1-2.jpg

Here is a pic from the assembly I am trying to put back together using dynamic constraints. The yellow part you see in this picis connected at the moment by two "pin" contraints. I also needthis part to slide up and down on the gray tube at its center. I am having trouble finding the proper constraint and procedure to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

PIC2-1.jpg

in general, managing the connections in assembly is like playing with puzzles, each of them are related with each other.

So generaly - I do not exactly know from your picture what with what and in which sequence is connected - I would use cylinder connection for yellow part.

It allows you to push this part up, and down, and in addition it could turn around, so I think it is exact connection for this part.

I hope this was helpfull

A cylinder or slider is the proper constraint for this.

R/C helicopters are my hobby. Any chance of sharing that model with me?

More like a fellow addict!

I've got two TREX 450's, a TREX 600e, a Honey Bee FP, and a whole bunch of planks.

Your VTOL project looks like fun!!

Looking forward to seeing your completion of the heli.

Oh wow you really big into Heli's. Very nice. I recently purchased my first T-rex 450. Learned to hover pretty good then thought I would take a stab at fast forward flight. Bad idea. Needless to say i purchased a flight sim to practice on before I go back up for real...

Dross PM me your email I will send those files to you. Got the tail rotor assembly moving and working fine. All it is is the tail rotor assembly though. Thats all I am making for this project..

PM sent.

Expensive hobby with lots of crashes.

I know guys that have been flying for years, they still crash occasionally.

Helicopters are not easy to fly.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back