Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

checking in parts that are an instance

fmcdougle

I checked out a drawing with one part in it. The part is an instance. the generic part has(8) instances. I erased several dim. from the drawing, and that is all. I then go to check-in and is says all the instances need to be varified.

Is that right, I don't see way it will need varifing if there is not a change to the part.

It looks like my intralink is messed up somehow.

Wildfire Date Code m140

Intralink 3.3 Date code m022

Anyone have an answer please email me

Thanks

Frank

[email protected]

fubing2008 said:
Hi,fmcdougle,

Keep in mind , that you modify the drawing, you know pro/engineer is a parametic tool.. so you just verify all the instances

[/QUOTE

Modifyng the drawing should not affect the model. However, saving your drawing will likely have flagged your part as modified.

Tick 'Prevent Family Table Instances With Status > Unkown or Unverified in your preferences.

Alternatively in this case, you could simply have updated your part and only had the modified drawing.

That is all. It is not practicalfor us to verify every single assembly we have just to get a check-in. If we have an assembly with 1000 parts and 30 instances, can you imagine how long it takes to verify? We use the option I've just told you about.

Phil

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back