Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

RSD Lite vs RSD

kathyrich

Hello,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I am a new user of RSD Lite (it came bundled with my Flex3C ProE) and I am working through the ProPiping web based class offered by <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">PTC</st1:placeName> <st1:place w:st="on">University</st1:place></st1:place>. The problem is that the sample files provided will not open in RSD Lite.

I have contacted PTC and will post this in the PTC fourum along with contacting our reseller.

I was just wondering if anyone else came up against this and can offer an alternate solution.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

RSD Lite does not allow opening advanced schematics, which are the ones from the PTCU class. Unfortunately, there's no getting around this.

RSD Lite, in addition to not allowing advanced schematics, limits you to 10 sheets and doesn't allow exporting of DXFs, among other limitations.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back