Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Telescope wont work

jhake

I'm trying to create a 3 stage telescopic hydraulic mechanism.

This is what I attempted to do:

Step 1: Create slider connection between main and second cylinder. Limit the translation axis by specifying thelimits of the main cylinder. This works great.

Step 2: I tried to make a slider connection between the 3rd and 2nd cylinder; however, WF3 will not let me specify the second cylinder for limits for my translation axis. So if I use my only choice, the main cylinder, the 2nd and 3rd stage cylinders move completely independent of each other. (not good)

Please tell me the correct way to do this type of mechanism. Is it not possible to connect a mechanism to another component connected by a mechanism?

Not sure exactly what you've done but one thing which will work is create a cylinder connection then use the joint to create your limits. Make sure you only pick the 2nd member to create the joint to the third member. Also make sure to pick the translation axis for limit definition

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back