Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Showing cables and tubes in an assy

sherbert

Is there an easy way to represent cables and hydraulic hoses in an assembly? Any ideas would be appreciated

One way to create cables and hoses is to create a hose with a 2 projection datum curve. I have done this in the past and it seems effective. Also, I am not sure if you have ever done this before, but when you create the 2 projection datum curve, use Measure>Transform (csys). By utilizing Measure>Transform you can pin-point the exact location of each end of the hose/cable.

Pro/Cable is the most flexible way to represent wires in Pro/E in both harnessed and non-harnessed forms that I have seen. using swept protrusions on datum curves/splines is a quick-fix method and is much less friendly to redefining in assembly. Drawbacks to Pro/Cable are mainly that it treats wires in an assembly as a single part together(and individual wires as features of that part) and to the best of my knowledge you can't select individual wires in a harness part in a Pro/Process assembly.

Thanks the helpful input. Currently we are using sweeps on curves. I tried the 2 projection curve and pipes.

Is pro/cable difficult to master with training? I have had limited success in the past trying to use pro/cable?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back