Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Activate Problem

Jonathan21409

I have an assembly with multiple sub-assemblies w/ their own subassemblies in them. I activated my first subassembly and now I can't seem to unactivate it. I am able to switch between what subassembly I have activated but when I go to activate the Top level assembly it just goes to the first subassembly that I put in and activates that instead. I've also recieved an error about intersecting parts but I don't think that should matter because those parts were intersecting since the model was made and never caused a problem before. Has anyone ever experienced this probelm before?

You should be able to click the top line in the model tree to highlight it thenright mouse button, activate. Is that what you're trying to do?

I'm not quite sure what I did to solve this problem but now its all better. I tried opening and closing the model along with activating the window and all that. The model would open up with the subassembly activated automatically. I think there may have been some sort of problem with intersecting parts which I fixed by just using the cut out feature. The assembly now functions properly. Thanks for your help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back