Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Section view is showing OTHER SIDE of obj

jelston

Section view is showing OTHER SIDE of object. If section view arrow is facing a hole halfway thru and object, I get hidden lines of hole.

Sorry, I was in a hurry writing the first posting. Okay, imagine looking at an object with a hole halfway thru, hole facing you. What you should see is the object outline and the hole outline. What I see is the object outline and hidden lines for the hole. If I flip direction, I will see nothing because the view will go in the opposite direction,

Flip it as Tobyk said this changes the side that's cut not the viewing direction the viewing direction is decided by the place ment of your view depending on your projection type First or Third angle projection.

By default when creating a X-sec Pro/E only shows items on the sedond or back side otf the datum, and cuts away matterial on the positive side (where the arrow points when defining the Datum used to cut the X-section.

When you flip the view side in modeling mode it does not get saved but it will when done in the drawing. If you'd like to use the Xsec in Part or Assembly mode flip the direction of the Xsec plane.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back