Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly constraint

albakral

When i try to assembly one component to the assembly reference I don t have the reference plane like "base XY, Base YZ, base XZ". This mean i can assambly only using reference surface. This component comes from a custumer and i cannot ask him why i cannot see the reference planes.

How can I do to show up the plane in the assambly modeling to constraint the component to one of our product?

Thanks in advance

David

Try using a Coordinate System to align the part.

The base planes are probably hidden on a Layer or excluded in a simplified rep.
Go to your layer tree and expand the Hidden Items tab at the top.
You should see your component name as an expandable tree.
If you find the planes you can Right click them and Select Remove Items to display them.

You may also want to use the Find Tool CTRL+F and search for Datum Planes and look in the part you are having problems with.

Michael

I think the probem might be that the part was not originally created in proe. Is it an imported part. If that is the case then you pretty much on your own.

Let me know if it is a imported part or not.

Omar

Thank you for the answers. It is not an imported part. It was my knowledge of proe that are not deep...:)

Anyway i solved the inconvenience unhiddening the base planes from the layer tree. I made nice assambly..:)

Everyday is a good day to learn something new. I get goodsuggestions from your posts

Many thanks again

David

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back