Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

xtop freezes explorer

JohnLovell

For the past couple months, whenever Pro/E crashes, explorer locks up. I have two processors, so it only ties up 50% of my resources. If I kill the explorer.exe process, then bring it back, it locks up 50% of my resources again. If I repeat this 5-15 times, it will eventually stop and everything will work right again. It seems to be getting worse. When it first started, it would happen maybe once a week. Now it's happening a couple times a day. I have not made any hardware changes. The only Pro/E change was after this started: someone suggested changing the home page for the integrated browser. This happens with whatever part, assembly or drawing I'm working on. It happens if I am using TeamCenter-tied Pro/E or standalone. It doesn't seem to matter what other applications I have running, or Auxiliary Applications. I've turned off and shut down everything non-critical, with no change. This started happening in M180 (after I had been using it for six months or so) and is still happening in M240. Any ideas? The guy sitting next to me at work has exactly the same machine, even works on many of the same files, but has not had this problem.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back