Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mouse button reassignment

Bob_W

I wasn't sure were to post this, but this is probably as good as place as any. It is actually intended to be a tip if you haven't tried it before.

I currently use a Space Pilot and Logitech mouse for interface devices. The latest Logitech mouse I bought had a little harder middle mouse button force than I like when compared to the scroll wheel detent/resistance. This would cause the scroll wheel to rotate slightly before the MMB function would activate.

Since this mouse, as well as a lot of other brands, have the left/right tilt switch on the scroll wheel I decided to reprogram the tilt function to the MMB using the mouse driver software. I have found this is easier for a lot of the Wildfire functions; an example would be dimensioning, as I only need to LMB click twice and then slide my finger slightly to the side to tilt the wheel for the MMB action. Of course any other MMB function is handled the same way. This mouse only requires a light force to activate the tilt switch making this feel good.

Bob

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back