Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Fan Parting line

bimbo666

Hi guys,

I have some problems when try to define a parting line on a curved fan, maybe somebody have a better experience with mold parting lines for fans that me.

Attached you

dear BIMBO

i have seen your model, even though it is well drafted, the basic modelling itself has been done strenously.

alternatively, you could have just developed one wing fully, grouped all features together, and then patterned them by axis. this will solve lot of your future maintance issues.

secondly, while you use pro/mold, you need to pay special attention on the ACCURAVY LEVEL. in my experience, i always use ABSOLUTE ACCURACY, and set the value at 0.004, it really had helped me a lot.

now coming to your particular model, trying to create an silhoute curve and a skirt parting face is not an advisable method. you copy bottom surfaces of the wings, extend them, and create vertical insert line surfaces, merge them together. ( if you had modelled in patterened way, you can then pattern the quilt also) now you can use these quilts for splitting the work piece.

if you need any further guidance, you can send a PM to me,

ganesh

forgive me if you feel like i am criticising your modelling practices/capabilities

A lot of time ago, I started this topic -with no the now mold designknow-how- , and never was closed with a satisfactory answer, now I'm looking for people that have experience in Axial-Fan molding, to work together in a great challenge, I finished my cavity-core split a lot of time ago -talking about the original topic-, so if somebody needs the model I'll send to.

Regards

Pablo

Will,

Thanks for your comments, looks like we're kepping walkingeveryday to learn more, when I started this topic, I never think that one day a lot of time ahead I really design this mold and machining too!

So everything in our life is a challenge, and the sky is the limit.

Best Regards

PAblo Ulloa

Nice mold Pablo
I always like to see a lot of molds here, but very rear poples are posting here their designs and pics. I made one a couple of months ago, but that is big one, 14" dia. And I designed that mold in Catia.

Will,

The onlyEDM area was in the blade corners, between the trailing and leading edege and the parting line corners too, we used a 5-axis Hermle to mill most. Right now we're machinig one impeller fan mold but 12" diameter 4 cavities, I will post the milling pictures here!

Zaki,

Thanks a lot, I'm agree with you, the people needs to share pictures and their dummy designs, so in that way everyone of us share our know-how, and learn more everyday!

What about Catia mold design vrs Proe?, a lot of time ago I tried to learn it, but left away -don't have enough spare time-, right now I want to take it again

Regards

Pablo

It is a nice work Pablo.
smiley32.gif

It is nice to see the pics of actual mold. Thanks for sharing with us.
Can you send me the model please.

Saad

[email protected]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back