Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Different line thickness in drawings

super_puh

I would like to see a different line thicknes for the different line types.

ifthis ispossible at all??

And another question when I click on the Display style >>Hidden and my hidden lines appeared but they were solid lines, they are always solid ????

smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif

Someone else have more useful idea???

smiley1.gif

i believe they are referring to your second question about why your hidden lines are only dimmed. To clarify, in the drawing they will display as dimmed lines, but when you print they should come out as dashed lines.

As for different thicknesses...
what exactly are you trying to change the thickness of? are you wanting to change the geometry lines of the model or are you changing a "drafted line" such as a format line or title block?

There are a few answers to some of these if you do a search in this forum for "line style thickness"
hopefully that helps.

The problem is there that the dimension lines absolutely covers the geometri of the part and that bothers me and I have to pull them out of the model geometry.

But I dont see a way out of this.

I'm a new user of pro/e andI think that they have to make the system moreintuitively (user friendly).

Well bud,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Pro/E "ain't ever go be intuitive"!!!

I been waiting for years!
smiley5.gif

"The problem is there that the dimension lines absolutely covers the
geometri of the part and that bothers me and I have to pull them out of
the model geometry.

But I dont see a way out of this."Are you in sketcher? in the model? or in drawing.

The only option to plot different line thicknesses is to map the line types to different plotter pens, but you cannot plot individual lines (e.g. geometry) with different thicknesses. This can be done with the *.pnt file, i.e. pen mapping file, where you can define pens as follows:

pen 3 pattern 0.3 0.3 cm; thickness .015 cm; color 0 0 0

where:
pen 1 for white (visible geometry, curve, quilts)
pen 2 for yellow (dimension lines, leaders, axes and centerlines, balloons, x-hatching)
pen 3 for gray (hidden geometry)
pen 4 for red (spline surface grid)
pen 5 for green (sheet metal color entities)
pen 6 for cyan (sketcher section entities)
pen 7 for dark gray (toggled sections, grayed dimensions and texts, dimmed tangent edges)
pen 8 for blue (spline surface grid)

This way you can plot all the visible geometry (displayed as white) e.g. in thin line.

For options in the pen mapping file search the help with "pen mapping".

After saving the pen mapping file, you can then define it in the plot window.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back