Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Notebook for Wf 2.0 without VISTA

Leonello

Hi!

I'm writing to you just to ask an help: I want to buy a notebook to work with Wildfire 2.0, I found out this HP model.

HP Pavilion DV9315EA
Intel Core 2 Duo T5500, cache L2 2MB.
RAM DDRII 2GB, di 2 hard disks 120GB SATA 5400rpm.
Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600(256MB);display WXGA+ 17" BrightView Widescreen (resolution 1440 x 900). Windows VISTA

As you can see the problem is the operative system VISTA. I asked if it is possible to substitute Vista with XP, but they answerd me NO, because HP should have taken away all the XP drivers, so it's not possible.NOW my question is the same: if one person want to work with Wildfire 2.0, which notebook could use? What I'm looking for is a notebook that features a 17" screen, 2 Gb of Ram and an XP operative system. Can someone help me to choose a new notebook that doesn't work with VISTA?

Thank you in advance for your attention and your patience.

Sincerely, Leonello.

Ciao Leonello,

A quick check at Dell Italia doesn't show much, at least if you look for home PCs. If you qualify as a "small business" or something like that, you can purchase computers like the Dell Precision M90. 2K euros can give you access to some nice monsters :D

JR

If you want best performance in laptop category you can buy
HP 8710w. It has nvidia quadro mobile 1600 graphic card.

I run WF3 with a Dell M70 with 2gb ram. Works ok on local disk.

You definitely wan thte best video card you can get in it, for that's what slows Pro down..

I have an HP DV9xxx series with XP and Pro WF2 works well on it. The machine you describe is virtually identical to mine with the exception of Vista. And I just got that a year ago, outdated already. One thing you could possibly do would be to get a hold of and XP disc and change your OS. But, would you really want to do that?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back