Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mold from stl data

Ikram

Hi All

Any body know how to create core and cavity in pro engineer mold designby using imported models from other cad softwares, like inventor, or stl format.

plzhelp on this, as i have alot of data in stl and need todesign molds, do i need to re-model them in pro enginner,
smiley19.gif

remodelling them in pro/Engineer is an ideal and non problamatic method.

otherwise, stl dose not get imported as solid entity. if you get imported data regularly, try to bring them as STEP formats, which is compact and less data loss!

iges is not advisable as data loss will be more.

if you are familiar with re-modelling over the import data, it is better you do that. in case if you need any suggestions on that, convey me, i shall do my best.

Thank you very much for reply

Actually remodeling on iges through surfacing and boundries is easy , though time consuming, but is do-able.

Problem is remodeling with stl data, as stl ven dont have defined boundries etc, if you know some technique to extract curves from imported geometry, particularly from stl, i will really thankful to you.

Secondly do you know how to open inventor data (*.idv) format directly in pro engineer, as pro e is n ot recognizing the format,

Thanks and Regards

Ikram

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back