Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Silly widescreen question

cityjack

Hey all,

New here. I just bought a really nice Samsung widescreen.Seems my cubes look like wide rectangles and my circles look like elipses. Everything is stretched width wise. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Running Wildfire 3.0 by the way. Thanks in advance and have a good night.

Sid

As Israr is suggesting, this has nothing to do with Pro/E, but is a Windows setting issue. I experienced the identical problem when I first fired up my new Samsung LCD monitor a few months ago. On your desktop (all windows minimzed or closed), right-click on the wallpaper and go into Display Properties to adjust your frame rate, then theresolution. If you bought the samemodel Samsung 22" widescreen monitor that I bought (a 226BW, top-rated),try running at 60 Hz and 1680 x 1050 (I think). Since it's an LCD there is no flicker at 60 Hz, even under fluorescent lighting.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back