Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

operation instructon in pro_E?????

fisa

Hello and asalamm o alaykum.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
My name is asif iqbal(fisa) living n Pakistan doing private job as assistant development engineer.Believe me I am total depending on PRO-ENGINEER WLDFIRE THIS SOFTWARE GIVEN ME A BOOST IN MY COMPANY.
I REMBER THAT I WAS TECHNICALLY ZERO IN MANUFACTURING FIELD WHEN I JOINED THE COMPANY EXCEPT
LTTLE TRAINING OF AUTOCAD AND WILDFIRE.AND NOW AFTER 2 YEARS I FEEL THAT I HAVE SOME THING RELATTED TO MECHANICAL FIELD.I THINK I M BORING TO ALL OF GUYS, BUT THIS IS MY FEELINGS THAT I WANT TO SHARED WITH PRO-E COMUNITY, NOW COMING TO MY PROBLEM.ACTUALLY IN MY COMPANY WE ARE WORKNG MULITI TYPES SCOPE OF WORK
BUT OUR CORE WORK IS METAL CUTTING /REVERSE ENGINEERING AND PARTS DEVLOPMENT, IN PARTS DEVLOPMENT WE NEED TO MAKE OPERATION
INSTRUCTIONS OF EVERY PARTS TO ENSURE THAT EVERY WORKER WHICH IS INVOLVE THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS OF THOSE PARTS ARE FULLY UNDERSTAND ABOUT
PARTS MANUFACTURING STEPS.I MEAN THE MAIN GOAL IS ERROR FREE PARTS AND LOW REJECTIONS.CURRENTLY WE MAKE OPERATION INSTRUCTONS IN AUTOCAD BECOUSE WE NEED TO
DIFFERENT UNFNISHED OR SEMI FINSHED VIEWS FOR DEFINING THE PROCESS.MY QUESTION IS THAT ARE THERE ANY POSIBILITE IN PRO-ENGINEER
FOR MAKING THAT KINDS OF OPERATIONS INSTRUCTION.IF ANY BROTHER WROKING THIS TYPE OF WORK IN PRO-ENGINEER OR ANY OTHER SOFTWARE
PLEASE SHARED WITH ME YOUR EXPERIENCE ABOUT O.I. I REALLY NEED THIS TYPE OF KNOWLEDGE.I M LOOKING REALLY HOPEFULLY TO ALL YOU GUYS.AND I KNOW
THAT SOME ONE CAN SOLVE MY PROBLEM if any one need my operation instruction that I was made in past for different parts (In Auto Cad) for under understanding my problem
Just give me a private message for sending that O.I.s

THANKS ASIF(FISA)

Basically as far i know all the companies here creates the operation instruction using word document only. This document is for audit findings, not much importance giving to this kind of documents in Pro-E.

I think we can create a template for these kind of process instructions. Adding the attributes what else in the process instructions as a parameters in the part.

Any other ideas elselet me know.

The Pro|Process For Assemblies module will create assembly instructions. It allows you to create a series of simplified reps with associated exploded views to document your assembly process. You can then create a process BOM that shopws only the new parts forthat step. I've done a few, and it works fairly well. Look into it.

PTC's new acquisition of Arbor text also looks promising for tying Pro|E and text data together to create technical publications. I've no experience with it.

Alright this holds goodto giveassy instructions. But for each n every part n sub assemblies is this Pro/process is possible to give process instructions.

Pro-process is for ASSEMBLY. It is available only if you have AAX license.

Else you can use simplified representations. Again this is for assembly. For step-by-step part manufacturing...it depends on how you modelled it in the sense your modelling steps need not follow the manufacturing steps.

But why AutoCAD. What you can do in Autocad you can do in Proe using draft entities and the draft items created will be associated to the view.

You can also input notes, leaders and so on.....

YES, you will be blocking a LICENSE for this. If you can afford or if you have a licence dedicated for this go ahead.

SRINIVASANIYER1 said:
But why AutoCAD. What you can do in Autocad you can do in Proe using draft entities and the draft items created will be associated to the view.

That's kinda like saying "Why are you using an electric razor? Everything you can do with an electric razor you can do with a dull exacto knife."

Technically true, but one is a lot more painful than the other.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back