Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Project Work Required

darylperis

Hi .. im a 2nd year mechanicalengineering student studying at RVCE Bangalore, India..

i have stdied ANSYS,and PRO/E 2.0...

i am required to submit a project along with 2 of my colleagues but am having difficulty finding drawings with dimensions on the net...

i am looking for 2d drawings of parts with dimensionswhich i will be able to model nd then assemble using pro/e...

my fields of interest are

engines, disk brakes, carburetters, or in general automobile parts which involve medium difficulty of modelling and assembling..

it will be split between me nd my 2 friends.

i will be using pro/e 3.0..

any sites where i may be able to download drawings in pdf or any other format where i can see each part with dimensions nd orthographic view of final assembly..

any help will be appreciated..

thank you..

Daryl,

I had the same problem when I was in my final year.

My friend and I ended up getting parts from scrap yards. You can pick up shot engines and brakes and most other bits for next to nothing, measure them and model them using ProE.

Hope this helps.

Michael

daryl,

Look around you, the whole world is a 3D stage just waiting to be modelled....

Model a shopping trolleym model a lamppost, model a door handle, just look around you

Kev

thanks a lot.. thats what im goint to be doing now.. as of now we have decided to model a dentist's chair along wid all d fixtures( includin d tray nd various paraphernalia..)

i guess that shud be good enough as there r gonna be 3 of us workin on it..

i surely will...

its gonna take about 2 months to complete it but il keep updatin wid pics
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back