Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Nvidia / PTC driver version numbering

jarl_72

Hello again...

This is a different -though related to my other post- question about video cards:

Checking the wildfire 3.0 supported hardware at PTC's website (here) the driver version numbering doesn't make much sense:

etc.

In particular for my Quadro FX1000, the "supported" driver is the 6.13.10.5656 . Do this mean Forceware 56.56? If so, what on earth is the 4.5.808.0? What's the 6.13.10 prepended to the version number?

The question arises because the 56.56 version was published one full year before the date it was certified/supported, which seems kind of strange.

Any help with this numbering?

Thanks,

JR

It's not unusual with all CAD systems for driver certification to take a while: the latest drivers available are usually not the certified version. I can't help you with deciphering the differences in the version umbers though.

I know SolidWorks doesn't do this: not only are the driver versions the same, they are actually embedded links on their website: impossible to screwit up.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back