Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problem Adding Iso Screw Hole

harris_boy

Hi I am a newbie to proe and I have been currently going through the tutorial for building a cell phone. My problem is when I try to create a hole with a iso screw, I think I am referring to that right, the option to accept the section disappears. The other two screw options work fine but the iso screw option will not work. Can anyone help me out and tell me why this is? I am using wf3 m080 on a windows xp system.

try to post an image of the dashboard/dialog box.

Sometimes its not possible to finnish the feature due to improper choice of countersink/chamfer diameter

Thanks for the reply I have attached a screenshot of the dashboard and part in a word doc and a pic, notice the accept feature is no longer active. To my knowledge a countersink has not been added. I think that units has something to do with the problem. I noticed that the units of the other two hole settings are in inches and the units of the iso hole setting is metric. Changed the .hol file for one of the other two hole settings files to metric and it would no longer allow me to choose the accpept option. Changed it back to inches andView attachment 3952 it allows me to accept the hole.
2007-07-27_174015_screwdoc.zip

It looks like your countersink icon is activated. Unselect it and you should be on your way. You can also check under your shape menu and you'll probably see that the countersink is on. For whatever reason, I believe the countersink defaults on.

Changing the size of the countersink may haveworked too. I have found that on some of my holes the countersink is too small and it interferes with the hole itself somehow. If I go in and increase the size of the countersink it will usually work. Not sure why it does it sometimes and not others, always on flat surfaces.

Todd

Edited by: tbutler

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back