Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Simplified reps

Wheaties

Is there a way to exclude component features in an assembly simplified rep? For example, I need to import/export an assembly for an ANSYS simulation and i need to remove all the threaded holes from the assembly (ANSYS doesn't like surfaces). Most of the holes are in the component level, and i would like to get rid of them all at one time.

Thanks for any ideas!

You can create a part simlified repand exclude the features you don't wantand then use that rep in the assembly rep you create. I don't know of any way to do it from an assembly rep, as it will only allow you to exclude components

Hope this helps

Couldn't you use substitute, and pick an instance of the part that doesn't have holes in it?

Sip

wheaties,

In view manager, create a new simplified rep, give it a name, hit enter. The box that comes up has three tabs, of which one is substitute. There you have several options, one of which lets you substitute the model for other members of a family table.

This is in WF3.

Sip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back