Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Unattached Wall Command Significance

It gives you the opportunity to define walls that are hard to create as a number of flanges, and merge them afterwards.

Alex

Sip,

Is that the font or the design you are talking about? If it is the font then there are fonts available that you can use that will do those link tabs for you (Srinihad one in a post last week)

Kev

Hi Kev,

I made this a few years ago, and just used the filled font, I was on 2001 then. To my dismay I realized that the centers would drop out of my letters. What to do? So I came up with unattached/merged walls as a solution. I can't think of anywhere else I have used this, and I can't think of any other application right now.

This is why I follow the forum. It's just like a big classroom where the teacher answers allkinds ofquestions, and everyone learns from it, I think it's great!

Sip

sip said:
Hi Kev,

I made this a few years ago, and just used the filled font, I was on 2001 then. To my dismay I realized that the centers would drop out of my letters. What to do? So I came up with unattached/merged walls as a solution. I can't think of anywhere else I have used this, and I can't think of any other application right now.

This is why I follow the forum. It's just like a big classroom where the teacher answers allkinds ofquestions, and everyone learns from it, I think it's great!

Sip

Hey Sip,

Couldn't agree with you more on that last point and 2001 explains why you went that route. When it comes to unattached planes, I often use them (similar to AHA-D's post)when I have a wall that I need to 'reach' over multiple bends. Kinda gives me a target to aim at (even though my target is really defined by my skeleton at the assembly level) in the shhet metal part and a final merge wall feature does wonders. I know that this leaves me with funny wall lengths, but that's the usual outcome of sheet metal design anyway.

Cheers

Kev

EDIT

Alex,

Always been curious, is the handle a reference to the band or something else altogether.....

Kev
Edited by: prohammy

What is thesignificance of Unattached wall command in Pro-Sheetmetal.

bro if i am not wrong pro sheetmetal starts with an unattached wall..............

sanjeevkar1 said:
What is thesignificance of Unattached wall command in Pro-Sheetmetal.

bro if i am not wrong pro sheetmetal starts with an unattached wall..............

True....all of us looking at the unobvious answer

Kev

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back