Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanism connection

mustangmike

Hello,

I have a mechanism where the motor shaft rotates & turns a bevel gear which turns another gear which turns the spindle. I am not that great woth mechanism but I have made it this far. I need the nut on the spindle to move per each revolution of the spindle but also have its max & minimum limit. I just don't have the complete understanding of how this is to work. Does any one have any ideas?

View attachment 3888

Thanks

Mike

Thanks for the reply. I think that the joint axis options were used more in 2.0. I am using 3.0 & I think that they are more defined in assembly mode. I don't think that I need another servo motor. One should control the whole thing. Right now when I run my mechanism the gears turn the spindle. I just need the nut to move along the spindle as it turns, but the nut is not allowed to rotate. I have tried a slider connection butproe automatically attaches the nut to the spindle body when this happens the nut will spin with the spindle. I need the nut to travel a distance for each revolution of the spindle.

Mike,

The slider connection should be between the nut and ground to remove the rotation. Use a second servo-motor to control its position relative to the rotation or the rod.

I usually use a spreadsheet to create my (multiple) tables when trying to coordinate several DOF. I output them individually to the format that Pro/E reads then import them into each servo motor table.

You need not model a gear. However having modelled it, Define a circle for the PCD and define it as a gear pair. Define Ground. The connection between the nut and screw will be a slot cam with limits specified. This is as I remember since it has been some time for me with mechanisms.

Thanks Matthew,

I will try this & see if this will work. I am not a mechanism expert I just figured it could be done with the one servo motor.

Mike

You can create a slot-follower connection, add a point to the nut and a curve on the spindle have the spindle rotate while constraining the nut from rotating. Add the other constraints to locate the nut where you need it

rcg137's suggestion may work as a replacement for the (second) servo-motor. The nut will still require a joint (slider) to ground.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back