Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

nVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M

Jeppe

Hi.

I am considering buying a laptop which has the following graphics card:

nVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M

How do think it will work with ProE? I have read that a lot of the graphics cards from the nVIDIA Quadro series should work with ProE, but I havent found anything about the NVS-cards.

In theory tt should work fine... in fact I made sure I had a quadro card in my laptop so that Pro/E would work. However, I have trouble with shaded models (sluggish rotation/animation). Wireframe is fine... I think that it's definately a driver issue. I'm on Vista, WF3, Quadro NVS 140M on a Thinkpad T61.

I'm really disappointedat the Pro/E performance. On that note, SolidWorks runs/looks great. I don't have any other CAD software to check the card out on.

I was kind of wrong about my conclusion; Pro/E works fine with this card. Larger assemblies slow down, but I don't know if that's a result of the card.I downloaded ProViewer Express and opened up my assembly in that and did not have any performance problems. Smaller assemblies in Pro/E are also quite fast so I'm guessing it's a hardware limitation on the other components of my computer (1gb ram, running VISTA (bad idea), etc).
Edited by: kachofool

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back