Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Salvage a drawing that crashes PRO-E?

wstinnett

I'm using Wildfire 2, and I have a detail drawing including several sheets and quite a bit of work that suddenly crashes Pro-E every time I try to open it.

I have no problems working with any of the models that are included in the drawing. After crashing, the std.err file contains this:

RAISING SIGNAL : Signal number : 11

Which seems to be a generic error code.

I've had something similar happen before, but it was only when switching to a particular sheet of a drawing - so before accessing it, I deleted that particular sheet and recreated it. This time, it's obvioulsy the sheet that the drawing is saved on that is the problem. I can't open it at all.

Anybody experienced this or know of anything I can do to save all the work?

Have seen this in pro/e 2001 when one sheet of the drw got too big pro/e crashed due to memory problems.

I think the guy with the problem solved it by splitting that particular sheet into two.

Try running proe w/o any configs (out of the box) when you open it, there might be a bad setting or something in the config causing you issues, such as search path etc.

Are you running out of memory?

Pro/E on Windows can only address 2GB of memory, unless you have the /3GB switch. Open the Task Manager and sort by Mem Usage. Now open your drawing and see how much memory is in use when Pro/E crashes. Normal systems will crash at about 1/43GB of mem usage, add .5GB for the /3Gb option.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back