Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

creating a general ellipsoid

bach

Hello

As an absolute beginner in Pro Engineer I am trying to create an ellisoid (3D) where all the three semi-principal axes are different in length.

Probably this starts with creating a sphere and then scaling it differently in two orthogonal directions.
However, after creation of the sphere (from a half-circle rotated about its axis; maybe this can be done simpler) I do not get it how to scale the sphere.

Finally this ellipsoid should be empty (i.e. not filled), since it should be imported by Mastercam.

I am happy for every idea of how to tackle this! Thanx!

bach

Hi!

It's not a simple revolve, because the lenght of the three axis is different.

In a revolve feature le lenght of two axis is equal.

To make the ellissoid you have to use points and curves. If you can use ISDX module you will do in a really short time.

Sincerely.

Leonello.

I am glad someone said something about this finally. I couldn't see how a revolve could make an ellipsoid with three different lengthaxes. I made this one by sketching an ellipse on all three planes and filling in with boundry blends.

View attachment 3985

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back