Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

repeat region BOM table problem

Dear Asif,

It would be very difficult to explain the whole process in this forum and for you to grasp all the explanations provided.

Firstly you need to define a repeat region and then put in the repeat region parameters. Then you need to define relations for other values like Total weight, Total cost etc. (This is on condition that you have a parameter defined for unit cost).

Read the Proe help on Repeat region thoroughly (it is explained very well) and search this forum for the words "Repeat Region" "Bom table" for more information.

Let's take these in order:

1. Material first assign material files to all your parts (material files that have the correct density for the materials you use), and then create a relation in parts like material=material_param("CONDITION")

View attachment 3792

I have wrote the material name at condition because I don't use that field.

If you don't have material files, then make sure you assign the correct density to your parts according to the material used edit / setup / mass_prop and put the density. But see first what units you have for the density to know how to put the value. Make a analysis:

View attachment 3793

and you will see the units for density, and then put the correct density according to these units.

View attachment 3794

and create a parameter called MATERIAL as string and fill it with the correct value steel , alum, copper....(you do this if you don't have material files, if you do that relation above takes care of the material parameter, you don't have to create the param it will be created)

2. unit_weight Create a relation in all parts like unit_weight=mp_mass("") that will calculate the mass per part.

3. unit cost then create a parameter called unit_cost as string in all parts and fill it with the correct value.

4. density make a relation in all parts like density=mp_density

Now open the drawing, create a table (9 columns and 2 rows).

In the first row write by hand the table header, index, part name...so on....

Then create a simple repeat region in this table: table / repeat region / add / simple and click on the first cell in second row and on the last cell in the second row.

Now, or you double click on each cell and select from the list the correct values or you write them in each cell.

Let's write them , seams easier to explain.

All these values you will write in the second row:

#1 cell: &rpt.index

#2cell: &asm.mbr.name

#3cell: &rpt.qty

#4 cell: &asm.mbr.material

#5 cell: &asm.mbr.unit_weight

#6 cell: leave this blank for now, don't write anything yet

#7 cell: &asm.mbr.unit_cost

#8 cell: leave this blank for now, don't write anything yet

#9 cell: &asm.mbr.density

Now for the cells you left blank, you will have to write some relations in the repeat region:

table / repeat region / relations and click on the table. A window will pop up and write this:

View attachment 3795

Then write in the coresponding cells

#6 cell : &rpt.rel.total_weight

#8 cell : &rpt.rel.total_cost

and you're done.
Edited by: vlad1979

Thanks for every one for given me a solid solution of my problem .specially vlad1979 who solve my problem i think 100% thanks againi pray that GOD given all of you that you want

Nice Post Vlad.
smiley32.gif

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back