Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

joint axis limits in a family table?

skyap

I have a mechanism set up in an assembly which contains a family table controlling different lengths of the model. I have some slides in my model which I want to be a mechanism to allow me to open and close the machine. Each instance in the family table is a different length and so I want to be able to change the limits of my joint axis in the family table so that I can vary it depending on the overall length of the machine.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how do I do it?

I have a family table at the level within the assy where the mechanism is so I suppose it is at that level that I wish to control - if that makes sense?

TIA

Proe help:

<DIV =" x-title-22-0 x-title-22-1 x-title-22-2 x-title-22-3 x-title-22-4" id=styler-id1.1.1.3.7.11.17.1 combinedFontName="off">Using Motion Axis Parameters and Dimensions in Family Table Instances</DIV>
<DIV =" x--1-0"><A =indexterm name=d323408e11870 ns=""></A></DIV>
<DIV =" x--3-0">
<DIV =" x-p-7-0">Defining Family Table instances for motion axis properties and dimensions in Assembly enables fast, efficient analysis in Mechanism Design. Only one analysis must be defined for all instances of the component, enabling easy comparison between different dynamic property values for the same component. </DIV>
<DIV =" x-p-7-0">Motion limits and dynamic properties can be used in Family Tables. These parameters are used to define different instances of the same component. A hinge, for example, can be used in several doors with different motion limits in each door. Select the Parameter option on the Family Items dialog box (Tools

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back