Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

search and replace on proe files

samoth

howdy folks,

i've got a problem, again
smiley9.gif

i have about 1500 proe files (*.prt and *.asm) and i'd like to replace a user defined parameter value with a different one.

for example:

my user parameter PROJECT_NAME has value of let's say "HUMBUG", and i want to replace that with "BAHH HUMBUG" in all of my proe files which have the value "HUMBUG". i've tried a few freeware "search and replace tools" but proe doesn't like the edited files anymore "Big Brother Is Watching"
smiley5.gif

anybod have any ideas?

thanks

samoth

never had to do something like this.
But I would try to write a mapkey which deletes your parameter and creates it anew with your new value.
Then I would use SpekanBatch http://spekantools.innotiv.nl/ to apply your mapkey to your files.
Pro/Batch should work too.

Hi samoth.

I had the same problem long time ago. I also searched for some stuff around this theme and I found a tool named "advanced search and replace" (30day trial version) and it works fine. A lot of work was done in a few secounds.
But be careful with it ! Don

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back