Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

separation distance between objects

dbqq

I have two objects. One sweeps past the other in my mechanism. What I want is to be able to plot time vs. separation distance. There is a separation measure, but it appears to only measure the distance between two points over time. I want to be able to plot the separation between the two objects as the first sweeps past the second, not just two specific points but both objects in their totality.

TIA.

Paul

If two lines or two surfaces are not parralel then how can you measure the distance b/w the the two. If these are parallel then the two points are enough to find distance.

Israr

to measure the distance from two body's you need the module 'behavioral modeling'
with it you can create a measurement feature which you can use in a mechanism run.

mav

Mav,

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure if you absolutely have to have BMX (which I have) but the way I did it was to create an analysis feature (icon on right hand side) in assembly mode: 'insert an analysis feature'. Then when I went into MDO, I went to the graph icon (also on right hand side): 'generate measure results of analyses' and 'measure results' pop-up window appeared. In the pop-up, my analysis feature showed up in the 'measure' 'name' column. I then graphed the separation distance vs. time. The resulting graph appears to be not only plausible but correct.

Thanks again for your help
smiley1.gif

Paul

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back