Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PTC COMMON NAME

omarhernandez

Does anyone know what the parameter ptc common name controls. When i decalare a layout to a prt/assy, pro inputsthe name of the prt/assy in the value. It also says it found a dupicate version of ptc common name "delete local version (yes/no)" . Does anyone know what else ptc_common_name is used for and what pro means by delete local version?

Omar

I think that PTC_COMMON_NAME is used either by Intralink, or WindChill, or both...

PTC_COMMON_NAME declare value of part/asm name, I use this parameter for my drawings, so when I create drawing my BOM is filed with part, asm names.

When you create Layout, layout also have parametere PTC_COMMON_NAME, and since you declare layout to parts, asm, which also have this paramtere, and since layout parameters are stronger then part,asm paramtere, ProE, ask you what should do; should delete local version (parameter PTC COMMON_NAME) in parts and asm, so that all parts and asm would have the same parameter from layout.

To avoid that, delete ptc_common_name parameter from Layout...

Edited by: Isair

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back