Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Layout

omarhernandez

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with assembly layout that could help me?We are working on a die design project and need to replace some subassemblies in the machine assembly using layout replacment. We have a source folder which contains common machineparts and family tables (Where the layout files are), but when save a copy of the subassembly (the one that is delared to the layout) in another project folder, it loses its references.

When I redeclare the planes in the assy. Pro/e creates another .extenstion number on the layout file. When I purge I won't purge the layouts because each .ext number has declarations to a specific assy.Has anyone ever had a similiar problem that could help me with some advice.

Omar

Sorry, I was mistaken. Pro/e make a copy of the layout file and places it in the directroy where I'm saving a copy of the assy. The new assy now has declarations to the new layout in the new directory. I then delete it and use the one in the source folder, but then I have the same extension problem I mentioned in the previous post.

Omar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back