Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Model Rotation After Feature Regneration

fiebigc

What drives me crazy is how the model will rotate, what appears to me randomly, after a feature is either suppressed or resumed. Most of the time the model will rotate off of the screen and I have to fit to screen to find it again. This really only happens with a part that is a subset of a larger merge model. In future releases of Pro/E could the model simply stay stationary after a feature is messed with? And if I don't know what I'm talking about please let me know too.

one thing that may help thru the insanity is to make a mapkey that saves your current view and a seperate one to call up the view .then use that after the resume.

so if you're in real tight on something, and not real sure where proe is going to send you on your next move..save and then you canget right back

fiebigc said:
What drives me crazy is how the model will rotate, what appears to me randomly, after a feature is either suppressed or resumed. Most of the time the model will rotate off of the screen and I have to fit to screen to find it again. This really only happens with a part that is a subset of a larger merge model. In future releases of Pro/E could the model simply stay stationary after a feature is messed with? And if I don't know what I'm talking about please let me know too.

This drives me nuts also. It's not just when a feature is supressed or resumed but when a feature is deleted or modified and the model regenerates.

dross said:
Orientaion > Previous.

Except that doesn't always work. I use a mapkey for"View>Orientation>Previous" because I have to use it just about every time I regen. Especially after inserting/redefining a feature.Often, I have to manually spin the model back to where I was working.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back