Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing Files Revert to Prior Rev’s

jrath

I've been updating numerous drawings to a large assembly that was originally modeledusing 2000i, under a series of, for sake of arguement, 99.. series numbers. The complete assembly was used to create another version using 02.... series numbers. Six months ago some of the drawnigs were rev'd up and had minor changes, everything saved, and regeneratedjust fine. Problem, I open some of the files now in WF3.0 and the changes are essentially gone including the changes when the drawing numbers went from 99... to 02... from many years ago. Everthing reverts back in time but the files indicate that they were last saved at the time and date I last saved. Has anyone come across this problem? If so were you able to correct it without the drawing files returning to prior saves? What causes the changes to revert back?

I'm 99% sure you are working without a PDM system and you have multiple copies of parts and/or assemblies in different directories at different version levels. Bad Bad engineer. Your problem is your drawing is pulling up the wrong version of your parts/assemblies. It comes down to setting your working directory and search paths correctly. I'm sure the correct data is out there but you may have a fine mess figuring it out and cleaning it up.

No PDM, the files are all on my computer, in the same directoryand the working directory is set before opening any files. I've actually opened the files separately including the highest Name.prt."max n" then the drawing and still it opens with all the work lost. The work was done over many years by different individuals and now I've inherited this mess.

Try opening the drawings "view only". Make sure you have erased all the models from memory first. It may be best to close Pro/E and restart it. By opening the drawing "view only" you will see the drawing exactly as it was saved the last time. You can print it while in this state but not anything else. Then retrieve the models, if it goes back to you previous state you don't have the correct models.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back