Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Parting Line for a Fan

bimbo666

Hi Guys,

Could somebody help me with the partition of this kind of fan. See the attached model -it's a dummy model-, I'm trying but the results are not the best, so I think that you've more experience solving this issues.

Regards.

bimbo666,

I suggest you make the parting line along the middle of each fan blade, at half the blade thickness, and along the base of the center feature. At the end of each blade you can drop down to the base with your parting line. You may have too little space between blades at the blade bases which may cause some conflict with the core and cavity meshing.

cheers,

M

It is not possible to create this part with a simple 2-split tool. You would need slides to create the fan blade details due to there being interferance. Increase the spacing between the blades.

Phil

as all of them have said rightly, this will lead to blade edges on the core,cavity matching area.

if the 7 blades can be reduced to 6 one can wonderfully design the mould, or the width of the wings to be reduced.

if none of the above is possible, then we can try indexing cavity. we can fix the cavity with a thrust bearing, and have a cam assy, which will rotate the cavity on mould opening. that is the only way out with the current part design.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back