Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Error in default_xhatch_spacing

Parson

There's an option to set the angle and the spacing values default before you create a new xsection in the part:

In Release 20.0, the spacing and angle of cross-hatching in newly created planar and offset cross-sections can be controlled.

To control the display, set the number parameters "default_xhatch_spacing" and "default_xhatch_angle"
using the SETUP menu or the RELATIONS menu.

These two parameters are not predefined in Pro/ENGINEER. To create them, select #Setup, #Parameters, #Part, #Create, #Real_number and enter the parameter name and its value :

For example, enter "default_xhatch_spacing" and set it to 5; then enter "default_xhatch_angle" and set it to 30.
The parameter units is depending to length unit for the spacing and the angle units for the angle.

These parameters only affect new cross-sections.

This solutionworks only with the anglevalues, spacing values don't know why, but doesn't work in any proe versions.

Tried in:

proe 2001 2005030

proe wf2 m171

proe wf2 m250

any idea?

for these options to work in an assembly, you must set those 2 parameters in each part. Then it will work for newly createdsections.

thanks for your answer, but I think you don't understand exactly what I wrote. It's obvious fact that these parameters have to be set in the parts' parameters n not in the assembly. because of this fact it worked asI wrote by the angle values but still not by the spacing values.

for a simple example just talk about a part n leave the assembly. in part mode, it doesn't work also... my experience shows this. so the problem is still there.

other idea?

Edited by: Parson

Of course I understand what you're talking about and I rarely speak without checking
smiley2.gif

And at my end is working, for some reason is working but just for big values. I have this part set in mm and if you give it small values like 2 or 5 for spacing it's not visible. If I give it larger numbers it becomes visible. I should have mention this in my previous post.

Write those parameter in relations:

default_xhatch_spacing=200
default_xhatch_angle=30

Make sure you regenerate the model after each change and then make the section.

View attachment 3707

View attachment 3708

oh man, I'm really surprised. This solution is OK if it works. BUT as I copied the text from the ptc.com knowledge base, it should be workin at the spacing value like 5 or so. In case you mentioned, I don't think it will be good cause I design not as huge parts as you have shown n in this case the spacing value 100 will be to big.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back