Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

hello !! sorry about my computer !!

phucxoxo

Hi everybody !!!
I use a very old computer !!
smiley19.gif
( sorry )
my computer is COMPAQ DESKPRO
it is a pentium III 667Mhz, 512 RD-Ram bus 800, VGA Matrox 16MB, I just use Pro/E 2001, and i think it enough but when i rotate the large mould in wireframe, it took a long time to refresh, I don't know the reason is CPU or graphic card, could you explain to me how i solve it, ( not buying a Pentium IV, hihihi................
smiley4.gif
)

hehe,Pentium4 is net very dear now, but i think it is not suit for your computer. thus you can try a batter CPU such as Pentium3 whit 1G. The member in your computer is OK with Pro/e2001. The graphic card, i think yours is a PCI one, though, you can try a Pro cad such as Parhelia HR256,
good luck.

Huh this is though!

For start, stop using wireframe for displaying your model, wireframe consumes most graphic card usage.
Shade view is considering best for performance.

Second, use various config.pro options that will reduce display enchantment, but will burst performance.
I could send you this config.pro file if you wish...

Third, create simplified representation, and styles to control your display in asm, and for retrieving assemblies.

thanks Isair !!
I follow yours step, and i've got it !! so the main reason maybe the VGA card, so i will change the VGA 64MB - because it's the maximum that my computer can reach, after that i follow the next step, i think it will be optimize, right !!! so, would you please send the config.pro to me, my email is [email protected] !!!
Best regards !!!

Matrox never made good 3D cards. They were the best for 2D for many years, but that was long ago.

If you manage to get hold of any decent 3D card - a Quadro or FireGL or even a GeForce or Radeon - it will be a huge improvement.

Just make sure that you have an AGP slot in that computer first.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back