Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM table and balloons correlation

botje

Hello,

at our company we work already a couple of years with Pro/E Wildfire 2 in combination with Windchill to manage the revisions, file handling, ...

From Engineering we have a request and from our programmers and consultants we hear that what we want is not possible.

Let me explain what we want:

On our assembly drawings we want to have the balloons but NO table. Now we export the BOM into an excel table. This should still be possible and the excel BOM will have to contain the position number.

If a part in the assembly is deleted, or added it may have no influence on the positionnumbering of the other parts. If a part is replaced then the new part will need to have the same positionnumber as the replaced part.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

botje

Edited by: botje

There are two options that I can think of:

1. Create your table and show all your balloons. Then place the table on a drawing later and hide it.

2. Move the table outside of the plotting area.

The second option would have the advantage should someone unfamiliar with the setup of the drawing. (The table should be placeed where you can still see it but outside of the plotting area and set to grow away from the format.

botje,

you can try to place the table on a sheet after the sheet showing the view with balloons.

As for assigning the same number again so that the bom balloons keep the same number, I would think that requires some creative part addition. In other words, replace the part with a new part and it might keep it's bom balloon number swapped with the removed part. Any new part that adds a new balloon due to a higher quantity of total parts should be added at the end of the features. Redefine the part placement to correctly place it in the assembly, if the replacement does not place the part as intended.

have to try this myself...

cheers,

M

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back